Drake's Life Blog

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Washington, NYC and Me

I just got the first two seasons of the West Wing on DVD from eBay. Finally I can watch them in order instead of the bones Bravo throws my way. I absolutely love this show. It is witty, dry humor man, inspiring and some great writing.

I went to NYC after Christmas, had a great time and will definitely be back. Watched Spamalot at the Shubert theatre, appeared on the TODAY show and saw the Statue of Liberty all in two days. However our first hour didn't start out so smooth.

We parked the car at the hotel and entered the rear of the hotel. We stood in the middle of the hallway and a debate broke out on the best way to proceed. After much discussion we decided to get rid of our luggage. We then debated on the direction to the luggage check. My mother, being the enterprising sort, just left and asked the many hotel employees standing around the direction. We then proceeded in the direction specified. We found the lobby and my father got confused because the directions led to the local bar. We again stood in the middle of the thoroughfare in the lobby debating the directions. I decided to go toward the bar and found the luggage check just down the hall. After convincing them the directions are indeed correct we proceeded to the luggage check. This is how we spent the next 60 minutes trying to find a subway in NYC. It was a blessing from God we were able to find the theatre in the dark.

I came back from the holiday and my sister's energetic personality tired needing another holiday. Luckily for me one came next week. I spent the last 2 days of last year and the first day of the new year with Kim and Brian at their house with many house guests I really don't know. At the end I got a couple hugs (all women, good thing!) so I figured most things turned out all right. Next week it is back to the grind of balancing school, work and play. Poohie, no more all night marathons of the West Wing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home